Hazards of Using Fake Spare Parts
Buying duplicate spare parts is a false economy, as using them may cost you more in the long run. But, more significantly, fake spare parts can result in significant safety issues that can lead to accidents. It means you can avoid numerous deaths and serious injuries if all the fake auto parts could be eliminated from the market.
When you look for auto parts, keep in mind that every make and model of car is different. Some of the parts are replaced regularly, like air filters. One can buy these parts anywhere as long as you buy the right size. However, the fake auto part will not perform genuinely, waste your money, and put you at road accident risk.
However, if you choose low pricing over quality, you might end up investing more money in replacing the parts again. Yes, the simulated parts will be 20-30 cheaper than genuine parts, but it is all because of ease of manufacturing and cheap packaging. Later, the advanced margins on their deals result in retailers and mechanics resolving for them over genuine parts.
Also, the short replacement cycles of certain parts, supply constraints faced by original equipment manufacturers, and legal failings are responsible for the request for fake parts growing despite several crackdowns.
Vehicle manufacturers also claim that counterfeit parts affect the vehicle’s performance and its brand value. As a result, some of them have started conducting raids on the premises of manufacturers of imitation spare parts. Still, in the absence of strict laws and mandated safety standards for aftermarket products, the import of fake parts will be difficult to check.
Let’s identify these unauthorized spare parts and their dangers further.
- Airbags – Counterfeit versions may not deploy in the event of an impact and offer proper protection.
- Engine and drivetrain components (e.g., spark plugs, oil filters, and air filters) – Forger parts contribute to engine failure and pose a fire risk if they are fake.
- Brake pads – These unauthorized parts are made of sawdust and compressed grass or asbestos, which impedes stopping ability as they smoke and disintegrate under pressure.
- Body parts – Fake parts may not align with optimal crumple zones, affecting passenger safety in a collision by either failing to protect or becoming the cause of injury.
- Electrical components (e.g., lights) – Fake spare parts can lead to electrical failure and fires.
- Wheels – Copies partscan have their integrity compromised quickly, instead of withstanding high speed and poor road surfaces.
- Windscreens – These fake partscan shatter or be displaced, failing to protect or even injuring passengers
Counterfeiting can be averted if people stop buying fake spare parts. People will stop buying these phony auto parts if they know how unsafe similar auto parts can identify genuine products. So to control counterfeiting, the Auto parts manufacturers need a system to identify the original products.
That’s where Veritech labels and holograms come to the frame.
Veritech standardized barcode, label serialization systems extend up and down the automotive supply chains and with digital authentication systems, manufacturers can keep a close eye on the parts with these features.
Vritech offers high-security automotive labels that are designed for the automotive/OEM sector. The labels are completely customizable as per the customer’s requirements and equipped with advanced security features to protect against counterfeiting and forgery. In addition, these labels can also be integrated with digital security features to aid in effective supply chain management, allowing for authentication at various levels in the supply chain from manufacturer to end consumer.
Looking for the same security for your products? Now you know whom to contact.